Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I am listed as a manager on a LLC and so is my husband. He

Customer Question
I am listed as a...
I am listed as a manager on a LLC and so is my husband. He is listed as 100% owner. He sold the company in the middle of a divorce. It is listed that the managers manage the LLC can he do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There are no members listed, only the two of us as managers and he is the owner
5/11/2016
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Do you have any sort of operating agreement? I would need to look at that to answer your question. Typically a manager run LLC can be sold if the members or in this case the sole owner agrees to sell it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have attached the LLC papers
Unfortunately your LLC allows for him to sell without Managers' consent as that is a decision that rests with the Members.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not the answer I was looking for :( thank you
The hardest partnof my job is amswering when it is not in the customer's interest but I want to give you the best and most accurate info and not give false hope. A positive rating is appreciated.
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney