Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have received a notice of allocation to the small claims

Customer Question
track and I have just...
I have received a notice of allocation to the small claims track and I have just noticed that the 1st Defendant which should refer to our legal entity is incorrect.
It refers to a brand name not our legal entity name. What should I do ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
5/9/2016
Business Lawyer: KJLLAW, Attorney replied 1 year ago
KJLLAW
KJLLAW, Attorney
Good morning. Under the law the companies legal name must be named as a defendant in a lawsuit, unless you signed contracts with the brand name which is a legal registered DBA, if it is not then the case should be dismissed against you because they have not named your business' name the egal entity. I hope this helps.
&
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So what do I do ? Do I have to fill out a n244 form and send it to the county court ? What do I say in the application ? Do I need to provide evidence of the contract ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, can I claim costs for them wasting my time ?
Yes. Fill out the form and state that the case should be dismissed because the corporation legal name is ***** ***** Attach the documents to the form, but they will schedule a hearing date and you will need to bring in the corp documents to show the judge. Also bring in your corporation filing documents as proof.
You can't claim costs because you are asking for a dismissal.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But the application N244 is going to cost me £250, surely I can have those costs repaid as it is not my fault ?
Is the action in the USA?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Ok, Then l will let a UK attorney finish the question.
KJLLAW
KJLLAW
KJLLAW, Attorney