Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

A lawyer wrote me demanding that I cease and desist from a

Customer Question
tortious conduct that, he claims...
A lawyer wrote me demanding that I cease and desist from a tortious conduct that, he claims, is clearly designed to harm the business reputation of his customer.
I answered that his letter does not make sense, that includes no specific act that constitutes the so called tortious conduct. My reply includes an attachment of the letter I wrote to his client terminating my contract and spelling out the reasons for the termination which includes a detailed explanation of all the fraudulent activity his customer engaged in, and that I have no intention of being part of.
Today I learned that, without telling me, the lawyer is sending a copy of the letter he sent me to my customers.
I believe that a lawyer that believes his claims are valid, has all the right to go a court with jurisdiction and file charges that he is supposed to support with evidence.
My question is whether it is legal for a lawyer to send a copy of his letter to my customers? perhaps he could/should be disbarred ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
5/6/2016
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
I am sorry to hear this. Actually he is engaging in tortious interference with your clients. You should consider filing suit against him and his client and add defamation to the claims. You could try contacting your state bar grievance committee but since you are not his client I do not expect they will act very strongly if at all.
Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney