How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 2174
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a practicing physician with a PLLC in Texas. I have been

Customer Question

I am a practicing physician with a PLLC in Texas. I have been paying myself a salary of $5,000 per month. I am investing in some free standing ERs in Texas and will need another entity to buy into these business operations. I'm wondering if I should convert my PLLC to an LLC or just open up an LLC solely for distribution/profit income on the facilities. What would be the most ideal setup for limiting liability (malpractice, bankruptcy) and maximizing my income?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I also live in Texas. My recommendation would be to create a separate LLC for each entity that you are investing in. This would keep them all as separate assets not subject to a lawsuit on any one entity. For example, you do not want a lawsuit on your practice to impute onto these other assets.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
If you have no further questions a positive rating would be appreciated.