Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Years I have been a member of a not-for-profit

Customer Question
For several years I have...
For several years I have been a member of a not-for-profit organization that offers training. Each year membership is renewed in exchange of a fee. Membership gives the member access to clients' referral. Can a not-for-profit organization refuse to renew one membership without good cause? What is the recourse if they do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
4/30/2016
Business Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
A not-for-profit organization can refuse to renew a membership for any reason including without good cause. Renewal of any membership is at the sole discretion of the organization. There is no legal recourse for a member whose membership's renewal is denied. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law