Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law with diversified background.
10707909

JA: . How can we help? Customer: I won a case

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I won a case against Synchrony Bank 8/20/15. They claimed non payment but I took my receipts to court and proved that I paid them in full
JA: We do not provide free answers, but the Experts charge a fraction of their Face-to-Face category: medical specialty: mental health price on JustAnswer. You have to make the payment yourself.
Customer: yesterday I rec'd a judgment in the mailed against me for the same amount that was proven as paid plus court fees.
JA: The Corporate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I'm trying to find one because I got no Notice of the apparent appeal but I did get the judgment
JA: Is there anything else the Corporate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I do not have the property. I never used it though I did cosign for it and paid for it. I am the only one being sued.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello SharmealeThis is Samuel and I will provide you information in this regard.You will need to consider filing a Motion to Vacate Judgement and it will be based on lack of proper service. I suggest you first check with the clerk of the lower court where you won your case and see if the Notice of Appeal was filed and if there was a return of service. Review it so you can see how they said you were served and the date. That way you can formulate your ascertain that you were not properly served.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
You also can check with the Clerk of the Appellate court and see if there is a form they use for Motion to Vacate Judgement or If you need to draft it yourself. File that with the Appellate court. And make sure you have the other party served.