How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law with diversified background.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in dallas tx i want to ask. someone sued me and

Customer Question

i live in dallas tx i want to ask. someone sued me and i received this letter. what letter mean? can you explain more detail
NON JURY TRIAL: 04/24/2017 @ 9:00 AM
Trial announcements MUST BE MADE in accordance with Rule 3.02, Local Rules of
the Civil Court of Dallas County, Texas.
and what is the "NOTICE OF TRIAL w LEVEL 3 USO"
thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello​This is Samuel and I will provide you information in this regard.The non jury trial means the matter will be heard in front of a judge. However, as the Respondent you have the right to request a jury trial as per the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure - you can read here under 216. So when you file your Response you can also ask the clerk for the Motion for a Jury trial if that is what you want.If you want to view the Rule 3.02 as noted you can click this LINK. And it pertains to advising the court that you will be ready for trial. The Notice of Trial is what needs to be given to a Respondent in any lawsuit that has been filed. It is advising a person they are being sued. You can read more on the Notice of Trial at this LINK under the Rule 99.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in the previous trial. they can not provide evidence to prove me guilty. because that is the slander
Jury Trial as such it has the disadvantage for me? I have proof that the plaintiff owes me. plaintiffs know that I will sue them. so they sued me before I sue them.
I received a letter from the judge to read as follows
In accordance with Rules 166, 190 and 192 of the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure, the
Court Makes sau order to control discovery of this cause, and the schedule:
1. Will Be Ready This case and is set for NON TRIAL Jury on APRIL 24, 2017 at
9:00 AM ( "this Trial Setting"). Reset Settings or continuance of this Trial Will not alter any
deadlines established in this Order or established by the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure, nếu
Provided by order otherwise. If not reached as set, the Case Will Be Carried to the next week. "
Would you please explain more for me to understand this section or see attachment.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.​I cannot tell you to opt for a jury trial or not. You need to make that decision. I reviewed your attachment. And so what I suggest you do is consider mediation. It would certainly be less costly. You will need to file your Trial Announcement as directed under Rule 302, which link I provided to you previously and here is the LINK to the Rule again. I cannot locate that form online. I suggest if you call the clerk of the court, they should be able to provide it to you or a legal form book so you can obtain a sample to follow and draft it yourself.And so when you go to the hearing on the 24th, tell the judge you are ready to proceed, if you are, and tell the judge you would like to consider mediation in this matter. Of course, that is your decision, too. But being sued is no fun, it can be very costly and if you are not a skilled attorney, you could lose.In that regard, I suggest, you also consider a consultation with a local attorney.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Remember, the Trial Announcement under Rule 302 must be filed the preceding Thursday before the trial. So in your case you have until April 20, 2017 to file. Now, if you are interested in mediation, I suggest you can write a letter to the other party making that suggestion and copy the court on it - which means the clerk will place it in your court file.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
You can get a list of court sanctioned mediators from the clerk. And you can pick three who you feel would be fair in this matter and then forward those names to the other party in your letter.

Related Business Law Questions