Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I HAVE A MORTGAGE COMPANY THAT IN THE LAST 4 YEARS HAS

Customer Question

I HAVE A MORTGAGE COMPANY THAT IN THE LAST 4 YEARS HAS CHANGED TO WHAT THEY CALL THEIR SISTER STATIONS.I ALWAYS HAVE AUTO PAY FOR EVERY MONTH.I GUESS I WASNT PAYING ATTENTION TO MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS ALL SET WITH PAYMENT SELECTIONS.I AM NOT TO GOOD ON COMPUTERS BUT I TRY SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME.IN APRIL 2015 THEY CHANGED TO ANOTHER SISTER STATION FOR THE FOURTH OR FIFTH TIME.STOPPING MY AUTO PAY.SO THEY STOPPED MY AUTO PAY CLAIMING I CANCLED IT AND MADE MY ACCOUNT.THEY HAVE RUINED MY CREDIT REPORT.I HAVE PAYED WHAT WAS DELINQUET AND THEY SAID THEY CANT FIX OR HELP ME.SINCE THEN THEY CHANGED MY MORTGAGE TO ANOTHER SISTER STATION.I AM NOT ALWAYS HOME .I STAY IN FLORIDA MONTHS AT A TIME SO I DONT GET MY MAIL EVERYDAY. I THOUGHT I WAS ALRIGHT WUITH MY AUTO PAY I DIDNT THEY WOULD CHANGE AGAIN.WELL THEY DID CHANGE IT AGAIN AND MADE MY ACCOUNT DELINQUENT MARCH 14 2016 WITH A LATE CHARGE AND AFFECTED MY CREDIT REPORT. I AM 57 YEARS OLD 100% DISABLED SSI AND DIABLED 100% COMBAT MARINE.I AM 100% UNEMPLOYABLE AND 100% PAYED BY SSI AND DAV SERVICE CONNECTED I AM TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLED DUE TO SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITIES.WHAT SHOULD I DO? I ANT Afford TO PAY TO FIGHT THIS MORTGAGE CO.I ASKED THEM ON MY FIRST NON AUTO PAY DELINQUENT TO TAKE IT OUT OF MY ESCROW THEY SAID NO.IN DECEMBER 2015 THEY SENT ME AN ESCROW CHECK FROM T HE FIRST MORTGAGE ACCOUNT .I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Dispute the information with all Credit Reporting Agencies ("CRAs") where the information is showing. Pursuant to Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), CRAs have up to 45 days to investigate the information and get back to you. As part of this investigation, the CRAs would send inquiry to the reporter of the information to verify or correct the information. If the reporter (the lender) verifies the information, the derogatory information would stay on your record. However, you would be given an opportunity to put a statement on your file that you still dispute the debt. On the other hand, if the reporter corrects the information in your favor or fails to respond to the inquiry, the CRAs would correct the information in your favor and send you an updated credit report. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.