How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend who owes 35000 to California State Board of

Customer Question

I have a friend who owes 35000 to California State Board of Equalization and has a 3 year payment plan. But he cannot get a re-sale license until he pays in full. This would close his business and income. How can he work this out? Can he open another company, LLC or corporation and work it this way. Does he need a managing partner? There is no way he can pay this without working his company or a replacement. Please advise how this can be done.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I will be helping you with this question, but please understand that I can only provide you with general information in this forum. If I do not reply to a response shortly after it is posted it is because I am either in a meeting or at court, in which case I will respond as soon as possible or at night if necessary. In order to help you with this question, I need you to clarify this for me. First, are you asking about a resale certificate or a seller's permit? Second, has your friend had a seller's permit revoked? Third, has your friend made each payment of the payment plan or has he missed some? If you can answer these questions for me it will help me provide you with more accurate advice. Thank you!