How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10600
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a car a week ago. I have some serious problems with

Customer Question

I bought a car a week ago. I have some serious problems with my 4WD. The dealer has refused to fix it. I have 30 day warranty. It is a buy here pay here. What are my options? I live in Florida.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

What does the warranty cover? How soon did the problem manifest itself? Have you gotten an estimate for what it will cost to repair the problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was suppose to be a full warranty for 30 days. Ive had my vehicle for 10 days. And its $500 plus labor for just that part and I have a few other sensors going out. I had a mechanic check it out and it has several issues in addition to the transmisson problem.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 year ago.

You may have to take this case to court. Before you go to that extreme get the mechanic who checked it to give you the details on fixing the problem you mentioned in the post plus the other issues reflected by the sensor. With that information put together a letter to the dealer laying out the problems and the estimated cost of making the repairs if the dealer does not address them. I would make clear in the letter that unless your problem is addressed, you will file a complaint with the Attorney General office of consumer protection. Here is a link to their page.

You should also state that you will file a complaint with the better business bureau. If those three items do not get you a quick resolution of the issues. You will have to file a case in the small claims court for the cost of the repairs you incurred.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Related Business Law Questions