Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I just opened my mail and found a judgment against my

Customer Question
husband for over 16k...
i just opened my mail and found a judgment against my husband for over 16k for default. The business was small LLC contractor in MA and though a nationwide franchise. The customer was impossible and refused to let him complete the job in late 2007/early 2008. We moved and just got the default in forwarded mail. My husband has not had that small business in 8 years.4
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: golden Flue, Inc. is the natiowide franchise owner.. My husband is a full time firefighter who bought into the franchise in MA. He got a job in Milton, MA . The man had major OCD and was following him around (chimney business). my husband also perfectionist but had a signed contract. I think he still has it. The man paid him and than freaked out and booted him off of the job. i think the main also sued the franchise owner because they have the wrong business name by named my husband as personally liable based on default. We never got a summons to go to court. We haved moved several times since this and he closed his business in the recession back in 2008.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Business Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
3/22/2016
Business Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Attorney replied 1 year ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Could you please clarify for me what your questions is so I can better assist you? Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am confused. I did not intend to process this request. What is the service i just paid for

You paid to have an attorney answer your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not hit submit.

I'm not sure what happened then, but I can request customer service for you if you'd like?

Infolawyer, Attorney