How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1780
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a business man involved with mostly mining. I am

Customer Question

I am a business man involved with mostly mining. I am interested in Brokering deals between mineral sellers and buyers. I want to know if I need some sort of broker license to do that. Basically I want to broker physical commodities. For example. I have a guy who wants me to find him 100,000 ton of coal per month for 12 months. He will pay me $1 a ton for every ton he buys. This is $100,000 a month profit to me. Other products include Jet Fuel, Diesel Fuel, Iron Ore, Chrome Ore, etc.. Do I need any governmental license such as SEC Broker Dealer License to perform these transactions and receive my commission?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

I need to get some information before I can do some research to see what licenses if any you may need. What state are you in? will you be working just domestically or internationally?