How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJLLAW Your Own Question
KJLLAW, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1363
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
KJLLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently involved in a dba with two other people. I am

Customer Question

I am currently involved in a dba with two other people. I am wanting to exit the dba for several reasons and all people involved are in agreement on the terms of the exit - how do I go about making it legal and removing myself from tax liability etc?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Expert:  KJLLAW replied 1 year ago.
If you had an agreement with the other parties, the right of withdrawal from the business partnership would be outlined. If there is no agreement then you can write a letter to the business stating that you would like to withdraw from the partnership/association. If your name is ***** ***** documents filed with the IRS then you would have to amend the filing to remove your name.I hope this helps.