How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 5623
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney helping businesses achieve their legal and practical goals.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sell cars living. I was terminated from a dealership 5

Customer Question

I sell cars for a living. I was terminated from a dealership 5 months ago and now work for a new dealership. My old dealership is now trying to enforce a non-compete agreement that I do not believe is enforceable. What do I need to do or what motion do I need to file in the Missouri courts to put a halt to it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You and/or your new employer would need to sue in court asking for declaratory relief from the terms of the non-compete. If your current employer is going to terminate you if it is not resolved very quickly you'd also want to seek a temporary injunction as part of the initial pleadings of the lawsuit to avoid eminent harm that would be caused in the interim between complaint and the court's final ruling in the matter, which may be a year or more you would actually file the motion for temporary injunction ( a/k/a a temporary restraining order) right with the complaint. So you'd file a complaint for declaratory relief to have the non-compete ruled invalid, and you'd file the motion for temporary injunction right along with that complaint.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

If you'd like a phone call, I'm happy to do that, but it's a premium service on this website. The way premium services works is I submit an offer for premium services and upon your acceptance you are charged, we exchange information, and the phone call is completed.

Related Business Law Questions