How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a marketing agency and we have a new client who is a

Customer Question

I own a marketing agency and we have a new client who is a non-profit/charitable organization. They just told us that we have to register in all states we are marketing on their behalf. Here is the site:
We are not a non-profit, and all donations will occur on the client's website We won't collect any donations). We are providing email and social media marketing services. I only see that non-profits are supposed to register.
Can you tell me if my marketing agency has to register? And where/how is this done?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you are going to be soliciting on behalf of a non-profit, not collecting on their behalf but soliciting, then the NON-PROFIT needs to be registered in those states, not you. So it is their responsibility to register in those states if their non-profit will be soliciting in those states. If they do not use the URS site then the non-profit has to register in each state, not you as you are just working for them as your agent.

Related Business Law Questions