Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Am I able to change the name of my LLC which is Tornado

Customer Question
Alley Studios LLC to "Time...
Am I able to change the name of my LLC which is Tornado Alley Studios LLC to "Time Group LLC"?If I can change it- how much does it cost? How long does it take for the change to happen? How much paperwork is there to do this? Is it alot of work to change a LLC name?Also, can a put an existing LLC such as my "Tornado Alley Studios LLC" under another LLC that I will create called "Super Film Max LL" in order to create another layer of protection?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
3/16/2016
Business Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Richard - Bizlaw

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

You must first check to make sure the name you want is available. Then to change the name you file a certificate of amendment to your certificate of formation to change the name. Here is a link to the form you use to amend the name and file. the instructions and fees associated with the amendment are part of the form. http://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/forms/424_boc.pdf

A LLC can have another LLC as a member just like a corporation can have another corporation as a shareholder. So you can Super Film Max LL be the sole member or one of the members of your existing LLC.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney