How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116729
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a disorderly conduct incident that happened at my

Customer Question

I have a disorderly conduct for an incident that happened at my residence I was injuried in the incident and I want to know what I have to say to the court to get my charges dismissed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my husband assaulted me and I called the police, they came to the house and gave us both disorderly conduct we are both due in court and they are talking about me taking course in order to get my charges dismissed but I was assaulted why do I have to take a course I need to know what I have to tell them
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you obtained your own attorney already? Telling them anything is not going to help you, you need actual physical evidence to show the court as to how you did not cause the incident to happen nor did you start the altercation with your husband, do you have such evidence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the police report is the only evidence, they have the police and I have it as well. the police took pictures of my injuries, and took my statement to what happened. My husband didn't have any physical injuries. But again they gave us both a disorderly conduct summons. What should I be saying to the court to get my charges dismissed?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply
You would need to argue in court that you did not commit any offenses and that your husband was the aggressor and your conduct was merely to defend yourself from receiving injury, which you have a legal right to do. That is the only defense you have. The court is going to drop the case against you, but right now they will do it only after you take the class (so that is not a total loss, whether you believe you need the class or not, the worst that will happen here is you have to go to the class and the court will dismiss the case if you cannot convince them that this was self defense as I said above).