Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

We purchased a Time Share in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2007, it…

Customer Question
We purchased a Time Share...
We purchased a Time Share in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2007, it is for 1 floating week every 2nd year. It was paid for in full. There is an ongoing operating cost + taxes payable every 2 years which to date has been paid in full.
We live in Australia, are in our 70's, retired and due to ill health & financial concerns are unable to ever travel overseas again.
We are unable to sell it as the market appears to be totally saturated with other time shares for sale.
So the question is can we forfeit the time share (hand it back for no money) and cease to pay the ongoing operating fee for which we have now received an invoice.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
3/10/2016
Business Lawyer: ANDREA, Attorney replied 2 years ago
ANDREA
ANDREA, Attorney

Good day, and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to Answer your question. Does your paperwork say anything about forfeiting the timeshare by not paying the maintenance fees?

Sorry so late in getting back to you. There is a mountain of paperwork to read through. The only thing we can see is what is written on the back of the invoice/statement for the current year (2016) re taxes & maintenance fees. We have also today received a final notice letter. I will scan and attach these. We really do not want to have to pay these as we are only on a small pension and this is way more than we can afford.
Sorry forgot to add pdf of scanned pages
Infolawyer, Attorney