How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 117401
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed all papers to buy a diesel VW only to find out same

Customer Question

I signed all papers to buy a diesel VW only to find out same day that there is a major recall on their emissions and that's the reason for no certified warranty. Salespeople did not disclose this to me at time of deal. It was told to me that VW stopped offering warranties on diesel cars but no reason why. I have not taken car off lot and due to pick up tomorrow but instead want to rescind the deal. Gave a $2000 deposit. Do you see any problem with cancelling deal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they did not give you the certified warranty and did not disclose the major emission defect to you upon sale, you have a legal right to rescind the contract of purchase and if they refuse you can inform them your next call is to the FL Attorney General for their unfair and deceptive business practice and to FL DMV Dealer Licensing unit to report their unfair practices and seek an in depth investigation to their misrepresentation to customers. If they still do not agree to cancel, you can file your complaints first. Most times the Attorney General and DMV can resolve the matter, but if for some odd reason they cannot in your case, then you have grounds to sue.