Nishan Parlakian
Nishan Parlakian,
Experience:  Principal at Consumer Law Office of Nishan Parlakian, Esq.
22033236

Wanting to open a small Christian Coffee Shop should I look

Customer Question

Wanting to open a small Christian Coffee Shop should I look into franchise opportunity and a trade dress or a turn key facility?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 1 year ago.

Hi Justin, that sounds like a great idea. A significant part of what you want to do depends on the amount you have for start up costs and then again starting up with a franchise, is that is what you want to do. A franchise gives you instant brand and name recognition. It drives people to your establishment and you have access to a market that is made for your place. The franchise might offer advertising and marketing that you would not be able to do on your own. On the other hand, there are fees and rules that most franchises impart on you. Many times you have to buy product from them, even if you can find the same product for less. In my opinion a franchise restricts you to a certain way of doing business. With a turn key my belief is that you can go with the flow and adjust your business as needed. You have less to worry about in terms of filling requirements that the franchise might require. You may find that simply following the state and local laws is a considerable undertaking without then worrying about keeping up with franchise requirements. ie-board of health inspections, fire code requirements, certificates of occupancy, etc. But then again, it is surely worth a look into what a franchise can offer. Anyway, Justin, in my experience thesse are some of the issues I have tried to crystallize for the moment. Please feel free to contact me if you have specific questions. If this has been helpful please rate me. If I don't hear from you I wish you all the best. Have a blessed day, Sean