Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

How can this wording be adjusted to include possible legal…

Customer Question
How can this wording be...
How can this wording be adjusted to include possible legal action:
6. Dispute Resolution Any dispute or controversy between the parties arising out of or relating to this Agreement including, without limitation, a dispute or controversy relating to the construction of any provision or the validity or enforceability of any term or condition (including this provision), or of the entire Agreement, or any claim that all or any part of this Agreement (including this provision) is void or voidable, shall be submitted to arbitration before a single arbitrator in accordance with the Commercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect. Any arbitration under this provision shall be conducted in North Carolina. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding upon the parties and may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction. After the entry of a final, non-appealable judgment, the non-prevailing party shall pay the reasonable costs and expenses of the prevailing party expended in connection with the enforcement of this Agreement. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the parties irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of such forum and waive any objection it may have to either the jurisdiction or the venue of such forum
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
3/4/2016
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Try this
6. Dispute Resolution Any dispute or controversy between the parties arising out of or relating to this Agreement including, without limitation, a dispute or controversy relating to the construction of any provision or the validity or enforceability of any term or condition (including this provision), or of the entire Agreement, or any claim that all or any part of this Agreement (including this provision) is void or voidable, MAY be submitted to arbitration before a single arbitrator, UPON MUTUAL AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES, in accordance with the Commercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect. Any arbitration under this provision shall be conducted in North Carolina. SHOULD THE PARTIES AGREE TO ARBITRATION, the decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding upon the parties and may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction. After the entry of a final, non-appealable judgment, the non-prevailing party shall pay the reasonable costs and expenses of the prevailing party expended in connection with the enforcement of this Agreement. SHOULD THE PARTIES NOT AGREE UPON ARBITRATION, THE MATTER MAY BE SUBMITTED TO A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION IN NORTH CAROLINA PURSUANT TO THE LAWS OF NORTH CAROLINA. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the parties irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of such forum and waive any objection it may have to either the jurisdiction or the venue of such forum.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney