Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Wanted to ask you, i want to buy a land but i want to create…

Customer Question
Hi good evening wanted to...
Hi good evening wanted to ask you , i want to buy a land but i want to create an LLC but i dont want my name to show as a member or organize or any other place , how can i register an llc here in NC without showing my name in my LLC and who can sign the LLC but still i will be the owner or member on the LLC Please advise because im trying to buy a piece of land !!!!!!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
3/4/2016
Business Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

The problem with using an LLC or corporation to make ownership of property anonymous is that someone still has to sign documents on behalf of the LLC or corporation and that will show up on title.

If you wish an ownership structure which will keep you anonymous then you may want to look into a land trust. That way, you will maintain beneficial ownership but the title will be in the name of the trust and any documents will be signed by the trustee and you will not appear on any public record.

Check with your local banks and trust companies to find a trustee.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.