Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I got into linge business and my partner behind my back sold…

Customer Question
Kim I got into...

Kim I got into linge business and my partner behind my back sold his portion of busienss and current owner had no idea and my question to u is am i legally owner of this establishment

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The current owner of bar had no idea i invested into business and the guy who i got into business with sold his share and now the current owner is telling me he not resposible to pay me

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/26/2016
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

You will have to file suit against your other partner as he had no right to sell your interest. You could also name the biyer since he failed to do his due diligence of the business. Most of the time these cases settle. You should hire an attomey as you would likely be awarded attorney fees.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney