Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am self-employed and provided marketing research services…

Customer Question
I am self-employed and provided...
I am self-employed and provided marketing research services for startups and small business. (I sort of stumbled into this. I did not mean to be a business. But here I am.) I have operated under my own name without a business entity for over a year. Now I would like to add an additional "arm" business, which will involve manufacturing or buying products, sometimes overseas, and selling them to wholesalers and directly to consumers through e-commerce. The administrative part of his new business is complex, and I will need to have a "real" business name to survive. My other concerns are liability (this is new risk) and of course tax, which is eating me alive right now. At present my overhead is minimal, but that too will change. My husband and I file a joint tax return right now. I'm sure you will need more information -- feel free to ask.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/26/2016
Business Lawyer: MDLaw, Attorney replied 2 years ago
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney

Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. What exactly is your question, please? What information are you seeking?

sorry! I was focused on providing the background -- forgot to ask the question.What structure makes the most sense for my business? Most freelancers are LLC, but the benefits of that seemed limited here in MN. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Attorney