Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Madam I am a retired senior of 75 years old person engaged…

Customer Question
Dear Sir/ Madam I am a...
Dear Sir/ Madam
I am a retired senior of 75 years old person engaged in buying ,selling and brokerage of small and used heavy equipment for my respectable leavings . A so called American dealer of equipment named Keene Machinery and Export (###) ###-####(Managed by Karon Jones) from Texas dealt with me fraudulently and deprived me of USD 8,000. The detail of this scam is as follows :
1) A deposit of USD 8,000 has been taken from me against a machine belongs to a third party at address :***** Stockton, CA 95215
Contact: Oscar A Ramirez (###) ###-####
2) When I checked the address through a search of Google ,I found the said address belongs to Pacific Supply Company . When I called Oscar and inquired about the said address and deal between us, he told me that the equipment is not there but in a yard nearby and he is*****away from this place . I started doubting the deal and asked him to tell me the exact location so that I come over there and finalize the deal but he told me to come at the already given address and he would meet me there and take me to the site of equipment. I felt uncomfortable and decided to know more about that place before I go there. I found an acquaintance in that area and requested him to go to there and find out if there is a yard of machines . My Acquaintance went there and found no yard and then I gave him the Ph. Number of Oscar and told him to guide him to that yard . He tried but Oscar was not ready to give him exact address.
3) I asked the dealer in Texas that in such a suspicious circumstances I am not ready to go to that area ,therefore I want my money back but this dealer seems to be professional fraudulent and not ready to refund my money. \
4) I started realizing that I have been robbed by this so called dealer and to make myself sure if the said dealer is a real scam , I searched internet and found out the following result: 3 Customer Reviews on Keene Machinery and Export
Positive Experience (0 reviews)
Neutral Experience (0 reviews)
Negative Experience (3 reviews)
2015-09-09 Avoid this company. Spend more money for good equipment. The equipment is cheap compared to other places but very old and worn out. That's why it's so cheap. Spent a lot of time dealing with repairs to the machine when I should have been working. Lot of time wasted and time is money.
This customer had a NEGATIVE experience with this business.
This customer WOULD NOT recommend the business to a friend, family member, neighbor or colleague.
by Donna P. on 2015-09-09 | Submit a Customer Review
Was this review helpful to you? YesNo
1 person found this review helpful .
2015-09-07 Unscrupulous. Makes up charges as she goes. Erroneous and fraudulent. Should be in jail. Harassed and threatened my wife and I. Machinery is junk. Wants me to pay $650 to deliver a machine that won't even run. Lied over and over. Screwed up my job. Seems to be in extreme financial duress and forced to make up charges to exist. Not surprised that she owes 20k to another company....
by Bill S. on 2015-09-07 | Submit a Customer Review
Was this review helpful to you? YesNo
11 people found this review helpful .
2015-06-15 Keene Machinery and Export was a customer of my company *** ********* and owes us in excess of $20,000 for the shipments of equipment. We are currently in a law suit trying to get the money we are owed. The owner ***** has hung up on us numerous times and told endless lies about paying her debt. I would not recommend doing anything for this company that you do not get your money upfront. A family owned business that does not pay their debt!
by Daniel L. on 2015-06-15 | Submit a Customer Review
Was this review helpful to you? YesNo
113 people found this review helpful .
5) A lot of correspondence have been exchanged between me and so called dealer but the said dealer is a professional fraudulent and not ready to refund my money , rather advises me to continue the deal and go to that area which I now consider unsafe for me.
Keeping in view my above submission could you kindly reply to my following questions.
1) If I approach the nearby police station of this dealer and lodge my complaint there , will my complaint acceptable to them and useful for me?
2) What are the other solutions for me to recover my money keeping in view that I won’t be able to afford an expensive litigation.
M. Nazeer
Manager : Blessed Business Corporation
At Address:***** Regina, SK S4N 3Z1 –Canada
Cell Ph.(###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 4 days by:
3/1/2016
Business Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

1) You can file a criminal complaint for fraud in the area where the Company is located in Texas. It can not hurt you to do so. I am afraid that they will tell you that this is a civil matter and that they will not be able to help you. But there is no reason not to file the complaint. When they tell you it is a private civil matter tell them that nonetheless you insist on filing a complaint for fraud and conversion (theft).

2) Because the amount at issue is relatively small, you can sue in Texas without an attorney in "Justice Court." Justice Court is a revamped version of the Small Claims Court found in other states. Technically it is not small claims court anymore, but the Justices (judges) have somewhat greater powers than before.

This link has a great deal of information about how to sue and represent yourself. There should also be links to forms that you can use:

http://texaslawhelp.org/issues/consumer/small-claims-court

You will have to sue in the county where the Texas business is located.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.