Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

My company has been in business 25 years in Texas. We

Customer Question
manufacture and sell body and...
My company has been in business 25 years in Texas. We manufacture and sell body and skin care products. We have a potential customer that wishes to buy our products in bulk sizes to resell in Washington state. She is located there. She has told me she will be adding the cannibis (marijuana) extract, CBD to the products once she receives them. She will be rebottling and reselling them under her label.
Is there some little known Texas or federal law that we have not found that would prevent us from selling her product. Let me emphasis that we would in no way handle or participate in the addition of the extract to the products.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/25/2016
Business Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

ok

There is no liability to you, vicarious or direct, if someone legally purchases your product and doctors it up, after purchase, to contain contraband. You are not a party to what they do with it. You are merely a step in their supply chain and have no liability for what they do with it.

Did you have furher questions? Have I answered your question?