Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have a rental property with 10 Acres in Prince 's

Customer Question
I have a rental property...
I have a rental property with 10 Acres in Prince George's county MD. I was considering renting spaces on the lot for trailers, trucks, etc. What kind of legal restrictions would prevent me from this type of use of the land? Is there a license or permit for this type of parking?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/25/2016
Business Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard - Bizlaw

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

I suggest you contact the Department of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement to see if you would need any type of permit or business license for what you propose to do. Here is a link to their site. http://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/sites/DPIE/Permits/TypesofPermits/Pages/default.aspx

You may need site approval and have to meet certain standards. This department should be able to give you the guidance you need.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

I'm sorry but that does not answer my question. I would like to know what license, permit, or law (if any) would be applicable to me renting parking spaces out on my property.

No problem. I am going to opt out and let someone else help you as I can not access that level of local regulatory law. Please do not respond as that will only slow down the process of getting another expert to help you.

Business Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

I am a different attorney. There is nothing that would stop you from renting out parking spaces so long as the local zoning permits parking these vehicles in your zoning designation. Can you tell me your real estate zoning designation so I can provide you with any vehicle parking restrictions?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6yvscrJdQnUJ:www.princegeorgeva.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx%3Fdocumentid%3D6343+&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Thank you for your response. The zoning is Residential Estate. My understanding is "Estate" limits development to 1 dwelling per acre. The house was converted and used as a Church for many years before I purchased it in a foreclosure.