Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I want to start a non-profit organization, with a

Customer Question
partnership between the United States...
I want to start a non-profit organization, with a partnership between the United States and Taiwan. The purpose is to combine education with counseling, guidance, and creativity/art. I have a business proposal, but I was wondering if I could get a grant from the United States to help fund the start-up.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/25/2016
Business Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The first thing to do is to create a non-profit corporation in Florida via the Secretary of State's office. That will give you non-profit status from the state.....but you will also have to apply to the IRS to become a 501(c)(3) tax exempt non-profit (you'd need an accountant for that).

Once you get set up, you can seek out the assistance of a grant writer, such as this one: http://www.agwa.us , to try and find grants that your endeavor would fit in.