Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Tax Question: How much can a real estate broker,, deduct…

Customer Question
Tax Question:How much can a...
Tax Question:How much can a real estate broker, for example, deduct for OFFICE rent on Schedule C IRS 1040?Can a broker rent office space on a Percentage basis? Like a certain percent of net commissions? This would give a safety net for low production, but could mean a much higher rent with much higher production.Any guidelines for office space rent amounts?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/20/2016
Business Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard, Attorney

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

You can deduct the ordinary and reasonable expenses that you actually incur for rent. That is true whether you pay rent based on a percentage or a fixed amount of rent. As long as you actually pay the rent and actually use it for your business, there is no set limit that you can deduct. So, such a percentage rent that you propose would be an acceptable method as it's a reasonable manner to pay more to cover your downside risk.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard.I attempted to ask a question...I said you were OK with me....the question is under Family Law which was the closest thing I could find per 'attorney deceit' during family law matters. Please respond if you get the question or will help me!

Hi there. I don't see your question as it's under Family Law. But, if it's a family law situation, it would be outside the scope of my expertise. I'm sorry!

I really prefer a written reply about the specifics of Attorney Deceit. If I get the runaround and file on false hopes, it hurts me even more. I hope you have concern for your clients/victims...and that you are concerned about 'reining in' dishonest attorneys...for the good of the ABA and the people.
If Attorney Deceit is beyond your ability, please refer to someone who is really deeply knowledgeable. I can pay them, but I need real, honest, incisive answers

This type of a question is not necessarily beyond my ability; rather, it's in a specific area outside the various areas of expertise within which I can respond to question. Because your question is categorized as such, it doesn't even show up on my screen so I have no idea what is involved in your question. I will notify the category moderators for you. Thanks for your patience.

You gave me a very good answer on 'percentage lease of Realtor's office space' several months ago, that's why I asked for you this time.The Family Law category was clicked because the Attorney Deceit arose in Domestic Relations Divorce...but its the Attorney Deceit answers that I need. I also have a large civil case (wrongful commercial foreclosure) different attorneys, but also attorney deceit.The family law lawyer 'Heather' at first only answered my 'standing' questions....I asked her again, for attorney deceit info and she gave me the language of the title of the statute in NM. She also gave me a link for ethics in lawyers.If you can give me some real depth on attorney deceit I will pay you as well. Between two of you there may be a richer explanation....everyone is gifted but no one has all the gifts. So if you can give me some real tips, I'll pay you too.
Family lawyer Heather has the full question...altho much of it is not really a question but personal case details, including emotional details.Do you have depth about attorney deceit civil cases? Things to look for; things to look out for. That's what I seek, and I will pay if you have, or get, as much input on attorney deceit cases as you can............
Business Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

I can assist you with attorney malpractice and malfeasance issues if you want as I just completed a 6 and 1/2 year case involving the same. I would recommend that we do this by an extended phone call in addition to using this thread for supporting links and law citations. I will send you an offer of services and if you accept, just come back here and enter your phone number and I will contact you. Please know that JA's site disclaimers apply to all level of service. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anybody....CRIMINAL LAW....Domestic (non) Violence, DWM (Divorced While Male)I spent 7 hours and 15 days in jail after female domestic perjured accusations. I had done no violation.
Now, there is a 10 year 'protective' order against me when I have not been within about a mile or more from my ex.Last month I went from ABQ (where I have lived for 40+years) back to Rochester NY where I grew up, to attend my 50th High School Reunion. I took my wife and two adult children to Canada, twice in the same day actually. Each time when I tried to re-enter the USA (all with valid USA passports) I was detained at the border, causing me to miss deadlines.Can I apply for Expunging Criminal Convction?
Can I unilaterally as Respondent file to terminate 'Protective Order'?I believe I was denied 'due process of law' for an action that took away life liberty or property.
I had no chance for a jury
I had no chance for discovery.This is huge to me as my firstborn daughter is now 34 years old and I may have a grandchild I haven't yet seen!
My exwife had kept my daughter from me despite a Family Evaluation by an approved psychologist recommending 50-50 joint physical custody. At age 18, my daughter told me that my exwife had told my daughter that Dad paid zero child support, not just too little, but zero. I showed my daughter $100,000 in money orders cashed by my ex. My daughter told my ex, and that has been about the last time I saw my daughter. (###) ###-####
Can I apply for Expunging Criminal Convction?
Can I unilaterally as Respondent file to terminate 'Protective Order'?