Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

My business partner breached a shareholders agreement and…

Customer Question
my business partner breached a...
my business partner breached a shareholders agreement and has been voted off, the state is requesting a stockholder relinquishing form to be notarized; I need a sample form
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/18/2016
Business Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard - Bizlaw

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

What do you mean by voted off? Was he voted off the board of directors of the corporation or did he transfer all his shares back to the company or other shareholders?

He was voted off now his shares are being transferred back to the company as he breached the contract plus he took funds over 100k for his personal business that had nothing to do with the existing corporation

There are two types of documents that you would need. First is the document pursuant to which he is transferring his stock to the corporation. That transfer is accomplished by having the person endorse the back of the stock certificates to the corporation. The only other form would be a secretary's certificate confirming the remaining shareholders of the company. There is no such form as a "relinquishment form". Your corporate secretary can issue an affidavit that the person has ceased being a shareholder. These are not form documents because they are rarely needed. If you want me to prepare such an affidavit I can do so but that would be an additional service for $35. YOu can prepare one yourself that would affirm, the transferred his shares to the corp. on _____ date and that as of such date ceased being a shareholder or officer or director of the company.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

I have not hear from you in a couple of days. Is there another question you have? If not please highly rate my answer as that is how I get credit.

I sent you an answer seven days ago but have had no response. If you have any additional questions please let me know. If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I get credit for answering your questions.

Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney