How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1780
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in a LLC partnership. I am the sole contributor of

Customer Question

I am in a LLC partnership. I am the sole contributor of money and equipment toward the business from my personal account. For one of the pieces of equipment, I gave my partner the money to buy equipment and he may have put his name on the bill of sale. I have numerous bank statements showing that the money came from my account and that he several times asked to buy or negotiate the equipment from me. Now that we are going out of business he is withholding the equipment that I paid for saying that hes going to give me his half of the now worthless business so he can keep the equipment. In addition, there is now negative equity on a truck that was used for the business thats under my name. Can I sue him to get my equipment back and for money to pay his half of the negative equity that was generated?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

What is the amount in dispute with the business partner?