Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I was born in Portugal, and recently acquired a Residency…

Customer Question
Hey, I was born in Portugal...
Hey,
I was born in Portugal, and recently acquired a Residency Visa in Dubai and created a company there in the Dubai World Central (now known as Dubai South), the company does online advertising and I work with many companies in the US, cayman etc... (these are the companies to which I provide service and they pay Me)
I had always used a W8BEN when I was a Portuguese resident and was acting as an individual, now that "I'm" a company in Dubai, I'm being asked to submit a new w8/w9 form which form do I have to fill?
please partially fill it for me on the areas that apply, considering the information I gave you above
Please let me know as soon as possible my friend,
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
Can I get an answer???????
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
2/13/2016
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are living in Dubai, they are telling you to fill out the wrong forms. The W-8/W-9 is for any Beneficiary Owner (Individual or Entity) who claims they are Tax Resident in United States. You are NOT a tax resident in the United States and as such you file the W8BEN, which you have always filled out before.
They are requesting the wrong form from you and you need to tell them that.