How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 19134
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took over an existing business that I worked in yrs. on

Customer Question

I took over an existing business that I worked in for 24 yrs. on 4/1/14. I was doing just fine until my lease came up on 4/1/15 and they did not renew my lease and I had to relocate to another location which put me six months behind financially. I remained steady from then until a few months ago. As I said, i became financially behind after the move, and with help of MCA lenders that funded me I was able to survive until now. But, now I am afraid I am in days away from defaulting. I have three. I am just making enough now to pay the daily pull via ACH from my checking account. I need help. Can a lawyer help me to avoid being sued or harassment or even lawsuits where they'll take my business. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I live in Northen California. One of the MCA is in CA and the other two are in New York.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You may want to consider filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy to reorganize the business debts. This would give you a breeding room to work out arrangements with your creditors.

You can use the following sites to find local Bankruptcy Attorneys: