How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Business tax question. On my Louisiana State Corp. tax

Customer Question

Business tax question. On my Louisiana State Corp. tax return I made a late tax deposit and made it for extra to cover any interest due.
The state sent me a bill for "interest due". Shouldn't they have adjusted my overpayment for what I owed them!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, they should have credited you for the additional payment you added and you need to call the LDR and you need to explain the payment was more than due to account for the interest so you can get credited for that interest payment. Sometimes they will not do this automatically because they think the payment is just the tax payment and they do not know.