Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Business tax question. On my Louisiana State Corp. tax

Customer Question
return I made a late...
Business tax question. On my Louisiana State Corp. tax return I made a late tax deposit and made it for extra to cover any interest due.
The state sent me a bill for "interest due". Shouldn't they have adjusted my overpayment for what I owed them!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/3/2016
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, they should have credited you for the additional payment you added and you need to call the LDR and you need to explain the payment was more than due to account for the interest so you can get credited for that interest payment. Sometimes they will not do this automatically because they think the payment is just the tax payment and they do not know.