Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

A private e California Company (LLC) awards a construction…

Customer Question
A private e California Company...
A private e California Company (LLC) awards a construction contract to a late bidder (over 24hours beyond time and date specified in the bid documents). For public works this is covered by statute and would be subject to bid protest. Is there any recourse or law governing a private owner?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/3/2016
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
For a private owner/company, they are not subjected to the public bid laws, so the private company can select whomever they choose, even if it is the highest bidder. There are no laws regulating what the private company accepts or does not accept, unlike in public bidding contracts which have specific laws and guidelines they must follow because it is spending public funds.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney