How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118121
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a DBA with my ex husband. I want to get s name off of

Customer Question

I have a DBA with my ex husband. I want to get his name off of the bank account. Do I need to file for another DBA, and what is that process?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The DBA has both of our names on it. How do I get his name off? Or can I go to the bank and open another account without hime being present?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Business Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Was the DBA divided in the divorce, since it is a marital asset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but it doesn't state the DBA specifically, it just says the general business assets. He is willing to sign anything needed, I just don't know where to start
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If it says business assets, then he merely needs to sign a document stating he resigns from the DBA and you can go to the bank and seek to remove him from the account as a DBA officer. You do not need to form a new DBA, you can simply remove him from the documents with his letter of resignation.