Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I am selling home food in California. I want to know is

Customer Question
Hi. I am selling home...
Hi. I am selling home cook food in California. I want to know is anyway I can get permit or license for that. And how to do that?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
1/29/2016
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Depending on what you are selling and how you are selling, you can come under the "CA Cottage Food Act" for home cooking. Here is the information on that act and where you apply for your permits as a cottage food provider: http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/documents/fdbcfofaqs.pdf
Also, here is information from one CA local health department and if you are not in LA, you need to contact your county health department to file your application for permit: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/eh/misc/CAHomemadeFood.htm
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney