How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116789
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am selling home food in California. I want to know is

Customer Question

Hi. I am selling home cook food in California. I want to know is anyway I can get permit or license for that. And how to do that?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Depending on what you are selling and how you are selling, you can come under the "CA Cottage Food Act" for home cooking. Here is the information on that act and where you apply for your permits as a cottage food provider:
Also, here is information from one CA local health department and if you are not in LA, you need to contact your county health department to file your application for permit:

Related Business Law Questions