How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 2578
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to clean up paperwork existing LLC in CA. #1. A

Customer Question

I am trying to clean up paperwork for an existing LLC in CA.
#1. A Statement of Information has not been filed in 10 years. What can the penalties be.
#2. We sell digital goods so never obtained a business license, I wanted to verify that this is accurate. Currently when you look up our organization it shows our license was suspended by the Franchise Tax Board, probably from an unpaid tax that has since been paid. How can I fix this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me to do some brief research on the issues and get back to you shortly. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much more time do you think you will need? Thank you
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay this question got lost in the database.

#1 $250 penalty after notice is received from the Secretary of Sate regarding the late filing.:

#2 You need to contact the Franchise Tax Board and request that they remove the suspended status of the company which should be done immediately.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.