Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

How to start a business? I want to open a shoe store.

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
1/27/2016
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

That is a fairly complicated question, but here some basic steps.

1. You need to decide what type of company you will create, a corporation, a partnership with other partners, an limited liability company.

2. Once you decide, you would file for a certificate of formation in your state through your secretary of state's office.

3. Once you have that you would also apply for a tax ID number through the IRS.

4. After that, you identify locations, and get agreements in place with shoe distributors.

I am keeping it fairly broad, but if you have specific questions, let me know. What state are you in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pa and how do i go about getting the distributors?

You would contact whichever brand of shoes you wish to Sell. Here is a good resource. http://www.pasbdc.org/resources/start-up/business-checklist

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

If you have any additional questions let us know. Otherwise can you rate the answer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok great

Good luck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My boss cut my hours is he aloud to do that is there anything that I can do about it?

Unfortunately they can do that as long as they are not discriminating against you or retaliating against you. If you could accept and rate the answer I would appreciate it. We do not get credit for assistance until you do.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But what if their are people there who have been calling off and making mistakes at work but nothing has happened to them but I get my hours cut for no reason
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But yes I will rate

Thay does sound suspicious. Do you feel you are being discriminated or retaliated against?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do because those people are white

We can do a phone call if you like for an additional charge?

You may have a claim then. You need to discuss this with an experienced employment law attorney to help pursue a possible claim.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Ok for a phone call?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
O no I can't afford that ok to speak with an employment attorney

Ok. Please rate so I can close it out. If you contact your city or state bar association they can refer you to a good employment law attorney.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney