Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

How to start a business? I want to open a shoe store.

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
1/27/2016
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

That is a fairly complicated question, but here some basic steps.

1. You need to decide what type of company you will create, a corporation, a partnership with other partners, an limited liability company.

2. Once you decide, you would file for a certificate of formation in your state through your secretary of state's office.

3. Once you have that you would also apply for a tax ID number through the IRS.

4. After that, you identify locations, and get agreements in place with shoe distributors.

I am keeping it fairly broad, but if you have specific questions, let me know. What state are you in?

Pa and how do i go about getting the distributors?

You would contact whichever brand of shoes you wish to Sell. Here is a good resource. http://www.pasbdc.org/resources/start-up/business-checklist

Ok

If you have any additional questions let us know. Otherwise can you rate the answer?

Ok great

Good luck.

My boss cut my hours is he aloud to do that is there anything that I can do about it?

Unfortunately they can do that as long as they are not discriminating against you or retaliating against you. If you could accept and rate the answer I would appreciate it. We do not get credit for assistance until you do.

But what if their are people there who have been calling off and making mistakes at work but nothing has happened to them but I get my hours cut for no reason
But yes I will rate

Thay does sound suspicious. Do you feel you are being discriminated or retaliated against?

I do because those people are white

We can do a phone call if you like for an additional charge?

You may have a claim then. You need to discuss this with an experienced employment law attorney to help pursue a possible claim.

Ok

Ok for a phone call?

O no I can't afford that ok to speak with an employment attorney

Ok. Please rate so I can close it out. If you contact your city or state bar association they can refer you to a good employment law attorney.