Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

This is a bid document ---I gave them money as a down

Customer Question
This is a bid...

This is a bid document for trusses---I gave them money as a down payment but they were to give me a bid so that I could either accept or not. the amount of the cost to construct the truss my be over or our under priced. If over I should have the write to not purchase their truss and take a lower. bid form another company. This is in the state of Florida They are way over priced compared to a competing vendor

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

They want to keep the whole deposit and not refund nothing and it say 15% of the total price or a 500 minimum or $500.00 will be by the purchaser for job cancellation

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Business Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Not in a hurry I can wait

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
1/21/2016
Business Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you .Here you can sue them in small claims to seek to recover your deposit above what was stated.They are in breach of contract. Small claims here can be done by you without a lawyer.You can seek a judgment for all you are owed and court costs as well.You can then seek to collect your judgment . This is your remedy here to resolve this if they will not refund your money.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again for the chance to do so.

If you give me your state I can get you small claims forms, thanks..