Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

In texas can a individual judgment be used to financially…

Customer Question
In texas can a...

In texas can a individual judgment be used to financially hurt your company

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have an issue. 14 years ago my old company with a partner was dissolved as a result of an impasse. with that, the company left many debts outstanding. I have started a new corporation, however, those debts still haunts me. the judgment against me is for a substantial amount of money. if they go after the corporation that was not a party to the judgment, can the receiver confiscate the company assets.

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Business Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
1/20/2016
Business Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney

To confirm, the judgment is entered against an individual and not against the corporation.