Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

My wifes son is trying to buy a house. She added her son on…

Customer Question
My wifes son is trying...
My wifes son is trying to buy a house. She added her son on her credit card (Capital One) when he was in college. She lost her job 2 years ago and has many late payments. It has now come up on his credit. Even though he NEVER charged on the account. Is there any way to get this removed off his credit?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
1/18/2016
Business Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Attorney replied 2 years ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, there is not. If he was added as a user on the account, then it gets reported against his credit as well even though the late payments were on his mother's behalf.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.