Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I bought into a company owning 60% and she has 40% can she…

Customer Question
I bought into a company...
I bought into a company owning 60% and she has 40% can she be fired from the company and just get her dividend check
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
1/18/2016
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

Is she a company officer or manager or employee? You operating agreement or company bylaws should have a procedure for removing a manager or officer.

She is listed as secretary and I am the president the CEO in the and legal finance advisor and is this being posted to everyone to read?
Can you call me

I can but just answer does charge extra.

That is ok this is just the 23.00 only right?
So she can be fired is that correct.

Just chatting is the original charge. If she is an officer she can be terminated in the manner the bylaws or operating agreement allows.

she can not stay and slowly run the business in the ground. I have not been in the business long and I am still paying off loan on this business

Without looking at your bylaws I cannot be sure. There usually is a method for removal. If she resigns that is optimal.

Correct

I am happy to talk by phone if you are not understanding what I am trying to explain.

Ok I think I got it. I will double check the bylaws. That is filed under the secretary of State
Correct

Sometimes they are but whoever you bought the company from should have it or perhaps she does as secretary.

Ok thank you. You have been helpful. I just need you just this time. I do not want any monthly fees. I will use you again as needed. Thank you

If you can accept the amswer and rate it that would be appreciated. Any changes to your account you would need to discuss with customer service.

Ok thanks

Good luck.

Thanks for signing up for our service. If you still need assistance, I'm here to help. If not, could you kindly "accept" the answer and rate it so that I can be credited and can close it out?