How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1780
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a tech here on site in the RV section, so I am not sure

Customer Question

Hi: I am a tech here on site in the RV section, so I am not sure if I will see your answer and you may have to PM me. Seems like I have had that problem with others asking me a question that were an Expert in another field. My question is about what form can I file in California to remove a partner in my Bookstore business? I haven't heard from her in over 3 years and have no knowledge of here whereabouts. She is my sister and we have no formal partnership agreement or anything recorded. I did give her a note showing she was considered a 50% partner and we have file taxes on a Partnership return with the IRS. I was told I can petition the Court for abandonment of her interest, but don't know how involved that may be. Is there some form I can file or do I have to spend a bunch of money hiring an attorney to do this for me. Thanks in advance for your help. I have used the Law section before on here with great advice!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

First of all, is she in agreement to walk away? If so, does she want to be bought out?