Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My issue is in regards to Chapter 42.30 RCWOPEN PUBLIC

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** my issue is in regards ***** ***** 42.30 RCWOPEN PUBLIC MEETINGS ACT
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am a board member of a home owners association and am wondering if this act applies to us. We have a community well that currently serves a couple of hundred community members and a beach access to a bulk head area. One of our board members found this updated public meetings act and was concerned that we should following this rule.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Business Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure :)
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I believe this statute applies to government and public agencies not your HOA. However, your HOA by-laws most likely provide for similar requirements about meetings held monthly open to the members. I serve on my HOA and we have a monthly meeting open to community members to discuss issues they have.