Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

My spouse recently purchased a car. He told me that he

Customer Question
purchased the new vehicle for...
My spouse recently purchased a car. He told me that he purchased the new vehicle for a certain amount but when his car/loan statement came in the loan amount was much higher than the presumable purchase price!
How can I find out what was the real purchase price on this car?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2016
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

Do you know what dealer he bought it from? Purchase prices are usually not made public record so there is no state database that I know of that keeps that information.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know the dealer but will the insurance company know?

I doubt it. They would only know the market value.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Mr. Rahman.

Sorry, we couldn't be more help. The best thing is to press him to tell you or see if you can find the paper work.

Infolawyer, Attorney