How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1780
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a contract with a company overseas and I've paid pre

Customer Question

Hello I have a contract with a company overseas and I've paid for a pre development design which I don't like but they have asked for my signing but I refuse as their design is not to my standards. Cost. $795. I have also paid in advance around $9000 for marketing purposes but because I will not sign the design they have frozen the process to carry my project forward. They have my money and they refuse my calls and questions concerning my project. What can I do as they haven't fulfilled their side of the contract. I want to take this company to court for fraud and theft. Help me pls where do I start
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Sydney-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What country are they located in?

You cannot do anything in Australia you have to sue in the country where the company is located. Do you have a copy of any contract?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are in Pittsburg. Yes I have a contract. Advice is what I need
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What options do I have ?
Expert:  Sydney-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Did you have anyone acting for you in the US? I will have to put you onto a US lawyer I will opt out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have no one to help me. Yes please put me onto someone who can help me with this please. Another question. How does this payment work is it $95 for a month or money as I. Only interested at this stage for one off payment of $98.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Leon
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am an expert based in USA. And you should not have been charged anything else unless you signed up for any subscription. Let me know if you need contact information for customer service to discuss your billing.

Now, please tell me a little more about the situation. What are they designing? Why are they not up to your standards? Etc. Please be specific. Thanks.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.