How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 2579
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is an accounting question. We train teachers. I travel

Customer Question

This is an accounting question. We train teachers. I travel with a crew of trainers (1099 consultants) who help me train new trainers to the company (also 1099 contractors). I pay these helpers PER DIEM for their travel and lodging. We occassionally celebrate with NICE Louis XIII Cognac. The bill for the Louis was 1800.00. Is this a legitimate expense accepted by the IRS? I did not imbibe but it was a clelbratory drink for my helpers (1009 consultants who help me). Or, do I claim this a Shareholder Distribution (equity)....?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.


I will be assisting you today.