How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116709
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a trademark has already been issued by the USPTO

Customer Question

If a trademark has already been issued by the USPTO (Kinectus) and we feel it directly competes and infringes on our trademark of Connectus both in sound and market, and we want to submit a notice of opposition or request for cancellation of mark, what is the process or most likely best solution to get the USPTO to cancel the registration?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You have to file a petition to cancel trademark with the US Patent and Trademark Office of Appeals. Here is a sample petition to cancel trademark which you can use as a sample template to draft your petition to cancel this mark you believe infringes on your mark:

You file the petition to cancel mark with the USPTO Trial and Appeal Board:

You serve the other party with the petition and summons and they have to file an answer to the trial and appeal board and then the board will hear the case and rule on your claim.