How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 117369
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Person living abroad, what's the best state to incorporate?

Customer Question

For a person living abroad, what's the best state to incorporate? The entire business has no physical presense in the US, contractors are in other countries. Income received are royalties from the US (biggest part) and Europe.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The best three states to incorporate in would be Delaware, Wyoming or Nevada. They all have more relaxed corporate laws. WY and NV have less taxes than DE and less fees. If you are doing business out of the US and your only income is from Royalties, then WY or NV would be your best choices for incorporating.